VAM works to establish a peaceful African continent by using the methods of conflict resolution and diplomacy. We seek to identify the causes of ethnic, religious and inter-communal conflict and to find practical and civil ways to mediate prevent and limit such conflict.
VAM wants women and future generations to possess a full range of educational opportunities to attain economic empowerment and to become decision-making leaders in the countries of Africa.
- Develop local leadership for conflict prevention, conflict resolution, post-conflict reconciliation, and the promotion of peace in general within families, communities, and the nation’s of Africa.
- Strengthen locally generated peace-building activities by raising the voices of underprivileged minorities.
- Promote equality and justice in Africa by transforming unjust institutions and social practices.
- Promote equal education for all children, literacy education for illiterate women and to encourage higher education.
- Promote the economic empowerment of women and produce resources that are appropriate for women’s needs through vocational training and business skills.
- Provide health education in the areas of preventive health care, nutrition, hygiene, safe sex, prevention of adolescent pregnancy, family planning, midwifery, HIV/Aids, malaria and other diseases.
- Teach organic farming methods for high yield crops in limited spaces.
- Organize workshops, seminars, and conferences with the aim of educating as well as providing a venue to share information and experiences.
- Develop partnerships with men’s organizations to facilitate change in gender inequality and curtail gender violence.
- Develop partnerships with other NGO’s, governmental programs and civic organizations.
- Promote global consciousness and ecological stewardship.